[Sussex] Steve's Linux and Photography Talk

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Fri Jan 27 16:01:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks to Steve for the Linux photography talk yesterday and for
regaling us with his tips and anecdotes from his safari/photography
trip.

The beanbag tip is the most immediately useful for me. For those who
weren’t able to be there, a bean bag placed over any surface, lip or
rail will help you keep the camera perfectly still :-)

Steve's favourite storage app is F-spot, as listed in the Attendance
List email, and the command he gave is (first always digitally label
all your external devices):

f-spot -b /media/PhotoLib/F-Spot

where PhotoLib is the label. That way we can have equal benefits from
the F-Spot database on any computer to which we attach the device.

We also got to handle some of the kit. Possibly the nearest I will
ever get ;-]

Thanks again for a good evening.

 Best Regards,
Fay