[Sussex] How to sort out "crippled" android on smart phone (samsung Galaxy Note 2).

John The Fatbloke johnsemailaccount at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 17:53:03 UTC 2013

A quick update.

I've had to settle on using airdroid and wifi for the phone. Very
disappointed though. I don't like using wifi - as it doesn't matter what
anyone says about the encryption/security - if it travels over the air,
it's hackable, especially something as common as PC's etc

Of course it works well enough, but I'd rather it was connected with either
USB directly to the PC or even power over ethernet, but all that's likely
to be an "sometime in the distance thing".

Hey ho! I suppose "you pays your money and takes your choice".

All I'm waiting for now is the other networks to launch their 4G services
which should squeeze Tmobilie/EE a bit and hopefully they'll drop the
prices from the current extortionate rates and tiny bandwidth allowances
they seem to be offering at the moment.......

Thank you for all the ideas that were suggested when I first posed my
question.

I'm gonna investigate Simon Story's idea further, too see if I can find out
whether the cyanogenmod thing will work on a 4G ready note 2, because if it
can/does/will, it'd be worth finding out more about how, if I can, get it
on my phone. It'd be great to get rid of the samsung crapware.......

Again, TVM all.

regards

John