[Sussex] New talks planner

Gavin Stevens gavin.stevens at gavmusic.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 14:50:49 UTC 2013

Below is a new template that I will post regularly so that we can plan
ahead for new talks etc. Everyone should feel free to add to this or
take on one of the suggestions below. If the date is blank, please be
first to take it! I will take any alterations & add them to my template
text file, from which I will always post the next version.

Gavin.

Sussex Linux User Group

Planned Talks & Presentations:

25 JUL 13 - Gavin: Reaching out to schools
29 AUG 13
26 SEP 13
31 OCT 13
28 NOV 13
30 JAN 14

Suggested Talks & Presentations:

Offers, requests & suggestions for talks & presentations:

Gerry Neary - would do a talk, just needs subject. Poss. talk on
tablets.
Alex Colquhoun - would do a talk, just needs subject.
Peter Humphries - survey leading to future talk on what people use
their computers for & what do they use to achieve different tasks. A
part 2 to Peter's talk could be bugbears with different applications
(though maybe developers need to know these too).
Gavin Stevens - PC-BSD; Audio part 2; History of copyright & licences
etc. the road to open source; Whatever happened to Linux? - widespread
use of Linux including Android. Peter Humphries - why do people use the
distro they use?
Dominic - more talks on programming?

Raspberry Pi - can we use this for outreach purposes???
Schools?? - Gavin 25JUL13
Is it possible to install Linux on a tablet?