[Sussex] A talk for tonight

Gavin Stevens gavin.stevens at gavmusic.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 14:54:01 UTC 2013

Hopefully some will get to see this before this evening. In making some
notes for this evening I have finished up with a short talk, followed by
(or including) a discussion.....

Gavin.

Sussex Linux User Group

Planned Talks & Presentations:

25 JUL 13 - Gavin: Reaching out to schools
29 AUG 13
26 SEP 13
31 OCT 13
28 NOV 13
30 JAN 14

Suggested Talks & Presentations:

Offers, requests & suggestions for talks & presentations:

Gerry Neary - would do a talk, just needs subject. Poss. talk on
tablets.

Alex Colquhoun - would do a talk, just needs subject.

Peter Humphries - survey leading to future talk on what people use
their computers for & what do they use to achieve different tasks. A
part 2 to Peter's talk could be bugbears with different applications
(though maybe developers need to know these too).

Gavin Stevens - PC-BSD; Audio part 2; History of copyright & licences
etc. the road to open source; Whatever happened to Linux? - widespread
use of Linux including Android.

Peter Humphries - why do people use the distro they use?

Dominic - more talks on programming?

Raspberry Pi - can we use this for outreach purposes???
Schools?? - Gavin 25JUL13
Is it possible to install Linux on a tablet?