[Sussex] Centos 6 64bit no longer bootable

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 10:31:59 UTC 2013

Hi Jan, John,  Thanks for your responses. The server is a Dell PowerEdge
SC440 and is definitely a 64bit machine. I installed Centos 6.3 and
updated to 6.4 and the system then ran for a couple of weeks. The only
recent system change I made was to change the login background PNG
image. I have put the disk that won't boot on one side and am rebuilding
the system on a different drive but in the same server. When that is
complete I will re-change the background PNG and see if that cause the
problem.
Brendan