[Sussex] Creating a share between tow Linux mint machines

gerry gerry.neary at gmx.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 15:10:06 UTC 2014

I am sorry for cross posting but I can't find the answer to what should
be a simple question so I am hoping you experts can help.

I have 2 Linux machines and when I open the file browser and press
networking I get the list of machines on my network.

Clicking on a machine brings me a list of shares on that machine

trying to connect however brings a panel asking for a user name: gerry
a domain : workgroup

and a password

What ever I put in to this field it just comes back with the same panel

So what am I doing wrong and how do I get over it ???

Thanks

Gerry