[Sussex] Openshift, Openstack and Docker [Was: Sussex Digest, Vol 459, Issue 5]

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 16:05:03 UTC 2014

Hi Marcus,

Quoting Marcus Tyler-Moore <mtmoore1972 at gmail.com> on 27 April 2014 18:22:

> When is the meetup in June? May he cant make as it's during school half
> term holidays.
>
> He is suggesting either a talk on:
>
> Openshift, Openstack and Docket
>
> Or
>
> The Linux Kernal itself.
>
> He is suggesting the former as it's newer and cooler...
>
> Take your pick :)

All our Sussex LUG moots take place on the last Thursday in the month,
with the exception of December, which we miss.

So June's moot will be on Thursday 26th June.

As a web application developer, I would naturally favour a talk on
Openshift, Openstack and Docker.

There's a wealth of choices in this area and I would welcome nuggets
from a knowledgeable source. If there is enough interest, I might like
to start up or join an existing user group based around open source
web-application development here in Sussex, perhaps as a subset of
Sussex LUG, meeting on a different night.

What is his favourite web-application framework for Openshift?

I've been looking at Django, because it's in Python, which I already
use a little for Blender, and I quite like using it in Eclipse, but I
am open to a better suggestion.

Which is his favourite in PHP? Companies hiring open source developers
seem to advertise more often for PHP devs than Python, on the boards
I've been looking at.

So, 1 vote for Openshift, Openstack and Docker ...

Best regards,
Fay