[Sussex] [Hampshire] Portsmouth LUG B-a-B meeting the coming Saturday, July 19th, from 13:00 - 18:00

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:05:14 UTC 2014

On Monday 14 July 2014 10:43:34 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Our next meeting will be the coming Saturday, July 19th, from 13:00 -
> 18:00, in the Broadoaks Social Club.
> http://www.broadoaksocialclub.net/where.html
[snip]
> I was expecting Paul Tansom to be giving a talk this month, but first I was
> incommunicado, and now he seems to be incommunicado, so I am not sure where
> we are.

Paul and I are now in communication again!  He will be talking on "Code Club",
for which he is now the coordinator for the South East region.  "Who we are
and what's involved in running an after school club."

For those who haven't heard of it:  https://www.codeclub.org.uk/

"The only thing that particularly worries me is
whether I can get Linux running on it (his brand new laptop) by Saturday or
whether I'll have the
embarrassment of running Windows 8 on it at a LUG meet (which wouldn't be
helped by the fact that I don't find the interface particularly intuitive!)."

So, please, show him we can be gentle.  You and I may one day be forced to
touch Windows 8. ;-)

Lisi