[Sussex] Linux Magazine Comparison Session

sussex at eglug.org.uk sussex at eglug.org.uk
Tue Mar 25 15:24:19 UTC 2014

Hi All,

As there is no formal talk this month I am bringing along four current
Linux magazines plus their cover disks for a special fun comparison
session:

   Linux User & Developer
   Linux Format
   Linux Magazine
   Linux Voice

The last one is the newly launched Linux Voice, which "crowdfunded its
way into existence" via Indiegogo, and whose editing team split from
Linux Format. 50% of their profit goes back to Free Software and Linux
communities and all the content becomes available under CC-BY-SA after
nine months. See http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/linux-voice for
details.

I've already completed the Python tutorial. Other highlights include:

   BrewPi: Brew beer at home with a Raspberry Pi
   OwnCloud: Say goodbye to Google Docs & Gmail

I've also completed the screen scraping tutorial from Linux Format.

The Sussex Moot is in two day's time on Thursday the 27th.

Best Regards,
Fay
--
East Grinstead Linux User Group