[Sussex] Yet more errata. Re: Three Meetings in May?? ERRATA Was: Two Meetings in May!! [Was: No May meeting]

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Wed May 7 09:51:32 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 07 May 2014 00:23:48 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> For those of you who are real meeting addicts, why not join Portsmouth LUG
> on the third Saturday of the month?  We'd love to see you.

To make matters even worse, I copied the wrong email.  I really should have
gone to bed.  Sorry. :-(

Here is the right one:

Our next meeting will be Saturday, Easter Saturday, 17th May from 13:00 -
18:00, in the Broadoaks Social Club.
http://www.broadoaksocialclub.net/where.html

It would be great to see a crowd of you, and even better if some of you could
bring open source problems, ideally accompanied by the boxes on which they
are running.  Or bring a box and show us some new Open Source marvel or
curiosity!  It is, after all, a bring-a-box meeting. ;-)

There is plenty of room and some power points, which can be extended by the
extension leads some of us sometimes remember to bring.  (Hint, hint!)
Switches would also be useful.  There is Wi-Fi, but it is, shall we say,
problematic (and slow).  There is also ethernet, butr again not very fast (2
Meg) and the room has, if they have not been pinched, homeplugs.

Any volunteers for talks??  There is free beer in it!  (Neil??)

Tea, coffee and a full bar are available, but please note that alcohol can
only be bought by club members.  Temporary membership is available for £1, or
you can ask one of the three of us who are members to do the buying for you.
Food on a Saturday is sparse unless preordered.  (Scratchings, crisps etc.)

For newcomers:
There is plenty of parking just opposite the club, and Hilsea railway
station is immediately adjacent.

The door to the club will probably be locked.  If so, you will need to
ring the buzzer and ask for the Linux meeting.  Go up the stairs and
through the bar to the door at the back left corner of the bar.

I shall aim to be there not later than 12:30.

Lisi