[Sussex] Dell Latitude ST - Has anyone upgraded from Windows to Linux?

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Thu May 15 16:25:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

(Apologies to anyone who recieves both the Sussex and Surrey mailing lists)

I get a daily spreadsheet form a company that sells on equipment from
IT departments in other companies, and today they have 83 Dell
Latitude ST tablets for £25 plus VAT, running Windows.

The specs are here: http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/latitude-st/pd

Linux upgrade tips are here: http://www.linlap.com/dell_latitude_st_tablet

There are a lot more pages about attempting to run Linux on it.

Before I decide, I would like to know if anyone has any experience of
running Linux on it. (Preferably Debian Wheezy or Squeeze but I will
accept any distro and any desktop.)

My requirements are:

Must run videos, including MP4
Must have sound
Camera
Unsure if it has Movie camera but it has webcam
Display pre-written OpenOffice and PDF documents

Best regards,
Fay