[Sussex] PLUG meeting: Saturday 19th December: Pies, Pi's and Zero Cheer

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:37:45 UTC 2015

The next meeting of the Portsmouth LUG will be held on Saturday 19th December
from 13:00 to 18:00 at the Broad Oak Sports and Social Club.

We shall have our annual Christmas "party".  The theme will be Pies, Pi's and
Zero cheer:  there will be Mince pies, Raspberry Pi's (raspberry pies,
anyone?) and at least one Raspberry Pi Zero; not to mention some Penguins
(well, it is a PLUG meeting).  So something for every level of geekdom.

You are all warmly invited.

For more information on the meeting see:
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/201512.html

For more information on the venue see:
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html

If anyone is bringing a problem, wanting help with something, wanting to do an
installation, please let us, or me, know in advance.  I can then appeal for
help and any necessary/useful equipment.

Although we shall be christening our own, hopefully fully functioning, wi-fi,
if anyone is wanting a large download, that could be pre-downloaded, it would
help if he or she could ask for it in advance.  One of us can then download
and bring it in, one way or another.  (CD, USB key, Zalman device.)

If a lift would be helpful, please ask.

I would be grateful if anyone were able to bring any of the following
equipment:
* Extension leads, especially multi-socket, surge protected ones
* Indoor cable protector(s)  (anti-trip)
* A powered External Optical Drive
* A hard drive in a Zalman enclosure with some popular distros on it
* CDs/DVDs, Live and/or Install
for people to take away if they would prefer to install at home.  (Though I
usually have some of these.)

I look forward to seeing all of you for the last meeting of 2015.

Lisi