[Sussex] Any interest for a talk on Mini, a simple, skeleton PHP application?

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Sun Jan 18 21:36:37 UTC 2015

Hi All,

For anyone wishing to get started with PHP, in the simplest way
possible, I recommend Mini.

 From https://github.com/panique/mini:

"MINI is an extremely simple and easy to understand, reduced to the
max. MINI is NOT a professional framework and it does not come with
all the stuff real frameworks have. If you just want to show some
pages, do a few database calls and a little-bit of AJAX here and
there, without reading in massive documentations of highly complex
professional frameworks, then MINI might be very useful for you. MINI
is easy to install, runs nearly everywhere and doesn't make things
more complicated than necessary."

For more information, read this article by the author:

http://www.dev-metal.com/install-mini-30-seconds-inside-ubuntu-14-04-lts/

If there is any interest, I will give the talk, and show how to
install and run it in Debian Wheezy, and how to write your first web
app in it*.

Mini is as great for rapid application development as it is for the
simple home computing applications, which can be left as-is.

Please let me know if you would like to attend the talk and demo on
Thursday 29th January, 2015, and let all your friends know.

[*] Everyone who attends will receive two sample web apps :-)

Best regards,
Fay