[Sussex] Final Reminder: Portsmouth LUG November meeting

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 22:11:59 UTC 2015

The next meeting of the Portsmouth LUG will be on Saturday, 21st November 2015
from 1:00 to 6:00 at the Broadoaks Social Club, Hilsea.

For details of the venue and meeting please see here:
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html

You are all, as usual, warmly invited.

We have a speaker this month.  Dr Jacek Kopecky, a Senior Lecturer at the
School of Computing of the University of Portsmouth, will talk about the new
Atom.io editor, of which he is one of the developers, being a contributor to
Atom's vim-mode package.

He will talk in particular about how it is open, and built on Web
technologies, so it's quite easy to hack. He is using it on a Mac, but Atom
also runs on Linux.

Jack was an avid Linux user from 1995, until he switched to
Mac in 2010; sometimes he still misses the configurability and openness of
Linux.  Moreover, he likes open source.  This could be an opportunity to
increase Jack's nostalgia for Linux to such an extent that he will start to
use it again. ;-)

There will also be an opportunity to install Linux for those who want it, but
cannot manage the install themselves; to help each other out with our
problems: in other words to spread the word.  It is enjoyable just to have
Linux and FLOSS chat.

Come to help and be helped. Come to chat and come to proselytise.

I hope to see some of you on Saturday!

Lisi