[Sussex] Ian Murdock

Gavin Stevens gavin.stevens at gavmusic.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 15:34:31 UTC 2016

I am shocked to learn of the death of Ian Murdock, founder of the
Debian project, on 28 December 2015. He was involved in many projects
over the years, but Debian is surely his lasting legacy, with its
definite principles, clear strategy, package management & its influence
on other Linux distros with some, like Ubuntu, famously being based on
Debian. I write this on my PC running the testing version of Debian - I
have used Debian continuously since February 2002.

Gavin.