[Sussex] Portsmouth and SE Hampshire LUG meeting on Easter Saturday

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 22:53:30 UTC 2017

The next meeting of the Portsmouth and South East Hampshire Linux User Group
will be next Saturday, 15th March 2017, from 13:00 to 18:00+, at Broad Oak
Sports and Social Club.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html
http://www.broadoaksocialclub.net/where.php

We shall have our usual Bring a Box meeting.  As it is Easter Saturday, rumour
has it that the Easter Bunny might take an hour or two off from organising
egg hunts at National Trust properties, to come on a brief visit.  We shall
have our usual plate of sandwiches for those who are actually hungry!

The Raspberry Pi project may finally take off :-), and anyway I am asking
people to bring their Raspberry Pi's and show us what they are doing with
them.  Two people have already agreed, so come on the rest of you!  Let us
have a Raspberry Pi fest. :-)  To which end, HDMI cables and HDMI to VGA
adapters requested, along with any adapters people can dream up, just in
case.

A short talk on writing/designing a GUI using C++ is in preparation and may
have matured for next Saturday – I am hoping so.

More short or lightening talks requested/welcomed.

I shall have a “new” netbook, currently burdened with Windows 7, on which I am
aiming to put Stretch, perhaps without systemd, and TDE 14, and possibly also
Mate.  As the donor pointed out to me, I am not inconvenienced by the demise
of Unity as I wouldn't have been putting it on the netbook anyway.

Hopefully other things will be happening, and there will be much Linux/Open
Source/IT chat and information exchange.

If you haven't been before, give us a try.  We are a friendly bunch and
welcome new visitors and long-standing attenders alike.  Experience not
necessary!

Lisi