[Sussex] Portsmouth and South East Hampshire LUG February meeting

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 23:41:13 UTC 2017

The next meeting of the Portsmouth and South East Hampshire Linux User Group
will be on Saturday 18th February 2017, from 13:00 to 18:00+, at Broad Oak
Sports and Social Club.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html
http://www.broadoaksocialclub.net/where.php

Dr. Jacek Kopecky will give us a talk on Impress.js.  See:
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/201702.html

I missed the last talk jack gave us because his then six year old daughter and
I were working our way through my Compendium of Games through most of it, but
the audience appeared very impressed.  I look forward to actually hearing
this one!

We shall also have our usual Bring a Box meeting.  A Raspberry Pi is scheduled
to be given a new SD card port/reader, after the slight hitch last time.
Hopefully other things will be happening, and there will be much Linux/Open
Source/IT chat and information exchange.

If you are intending to bring a particular problem or would like a particular
installation done with/for you, or want help with a particular update, please
try to tell me in advance, to increase the chance that we shall have the
right hardware/software/people present.  But if you can't give advance
notice, or something crops up at the last minute, don't worry.  We can
usually manage with what/who we have with us.

If you haven't been before, give us a try.  We are a friendly bunch and
welcome new visitors and long-standing attenders alike.  Experience not
necessary!

Lisi