[SWLUG] Auto web page creator

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Thu Aug 8 11:32:12 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 12:21, Neil Jones wrote:
> In the pub on Monday night I was discussing with those there an idea I had
> for an automated web site creating program based on "word-chains" or the
> principle of  Mozart's  Musikalisches Würfelspiel (Musical Dice Game). Using
> random numbers to select chunks of code that are all designed to fit together.

You can do that kind of thing pretty easily using a Dada Engine.
Which generates random text by effectively using a language grammar
definition in reverse.
http://dev.null.org/dadaengine/

One of its most (in)famous uses was the Postmodernism essay generator,
which had one of its (random and meaningless) productions accepted for
publication.
http://www.elsewhere.org/cgi-bin/postmodern/