[SWLUG] audio cds from mp3/ogg

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 03:25:57 UTC 2002

with a headless box storing my mp3s with my old cdburner in it, i want to be
able to set it to burn an audio cd while i get on with other stuff, looking
at lists of gui and cli progs i realise that i don't know if all mp3/ogg to
wav decoders are the same quality, i can't seem to find a comparison of that.
recommendations anyone? now that ogg is at 1. i'm ripping to that so it would
be nice to be able to burn a cd from both mp3 and ogg files at the same time,

ideally i would like to access the server, tell it to burn and then be able
to disconnect, no remote x apps preventing me from rebooting the workstation
etc.

i remember rob m. (istr) telling me that it was possible to run an x
app/session on a box and 'connect' to it and then disconnect, i assume that
this means having full blown x on the server box? can someone (re)enlighten
me?

anyway i think i'm rambling, time to go to tescos - bed is for wimps!

bascule
--
'Pardon me for living, I'm sure.'
NO-ONE GETS PARDONED FOR LIVING.