[SWLUG] Cable providers not wanting networks?

Philip Downer philip.downer at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 30 14:58:29 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 00:08, Neil Jones wrote:
> An article in this months Practical Internet magazine suggests that cable
> providers will often cut off people who split their usage to more than one
> machine.

Thats really just to cover themselves, It's never to my knowledge been
enforced. Considering that when NTL installed the modem in my bedroom I
had 4 computers running in that room alone and that there was Cat 5
running into every room in the house I should imagine that you will be
pretty safe.

When I worked for NTL/Virgin if we did encounter someone running a
network we were just told not to support them, because we didn't have
the training. I just laughed at that and gave support anyway.

Phil