[SWLUG] Any experience with NTL cable modems and Linux?

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 14 16:11:03 UTC 2002

I am having NTL install broadband on  Monday.

I am told that the modem will connect via a USB port.
Does anyone have any experience in connecting Linux to these.

I understand that a netowork card is also an option, that is what the chap at
NTL's call centre said, but I just want to get it operating first.

With a network card it would be a matter of using DHCP I understand.
but what is the procedure and programs to run if I can connecting
via USB. Is it the same or similar and what do I need to watch out for?

TIA

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog