[SWLUG] Open Office (Y Swyddfa Gymraeig)

Jim Killock jim.killock at hebffinia.com
Sat Dec 21 18:54:53 UTC 2002

On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 06:21  pm, Dafydd Walters wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 07:58, Jim Killock wrote:
>> OpenOffice has a little publicised front end to other databases, such
>> as MySQL ...
>
> I didn't realize OOo had this feature.  I just had a little play with
> it, and was able to access a couple of my PostreSQL and MySQL databases
> (via UnixODBC) using the pretty "Access-like" UI in no time at all!

I didn't either, until the OpenOffice translators / canolfan bedwyr
teccies mailed stuff about it ..

(thought I should just give them the credit!)

Surely this sort of feature is way more powerful (and infinitely
cheaper) than Access for any school etc?

--
dylunio ar bapur a gwe
web and paper-based design

1 Rhes Trefelyan