[SWLUG] irc question

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Sat Dec 21 22:59:10 UTC 2002

when i use irc, i'm only an occasional user, i'm shown as joining the channel
as 'bascule at somentlstuff even if the nickname i use is something else

apart from creating a new user and launching the irc client as that user how
might i alter how i'm identified to the server, i don't care about the ntl
identifier (that relates to my firewall i presume) but the 'bascule' bit that
gives away my local user name

i use ksirc,

bascule
--
"You're very sure of your facts, " he said at last, "I
couldn't trust the thinking of a man who takes the Universe