[SWLUG] next meeting

hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Feb 19 11:14:18 UTC 2002

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 12:10:12AM +0000 or thereabouts, Robert McQueen wrote:
> After our mini-meet today in Cardiff, with me, Euan and Phil..
>
> <zx64> next meeting is 5th March?
> <zx64> Tuesday
> <Robot101> yes
> <zx64> wait a minute, that is the same evening as that talk by Alan and Dick
> <Robot101> hmm
> <zx64> fudge factor time, or we go to the pub afterwards?
> <Robot101> we'll meet at the talk and go to the pub afterwards?
> * Robot101 will mail the list
> <Robot101> or we could go to a restaurant for a change
> <zx64> yeah that sounds good
>
> Comments? How about that curry we were pondering?

The talk is afternoon, not evening. 2pm.

If there is likely to be a LUG meeting following this thing, we
may have a *lot* of people going for curry. Quite a few of the
WWLUG are sounding interested and organising car-loads, and it's
possible people will come from over the bridge. I begin to wonder
whether there is any room left for the public in Swansea.

So either this needs organising in advance (I'll bet we can book
out the Anarkali or the Viceroy solid :)) or curry needs to be
put off, cos it would look a bit bad to just vanish off leaving
people sitting in the pub.

If people are starting from the university, then somewhere like
the Whatever-It-Is-Now And Firkin which is very large and on the
sea-front (and on the way to curry) is better than the Goose.

Also: If you have not yet booked a seat for this Taliesin thing,
please do so. Apparently they really are relying on knowing numbers
in advance and need to know ideas of numbers.

Telsa