[SWLUG] Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 CDs

Robert McQueen robot101 at debian.org
Sun Jul 21 17:16:35 UTC 2002

<plug severity="shameless">Hrm, I really do lament the lack of easy DTP
software for Linux. After playing with LaTeX for three hours in the wee
hours of the morning, I got the Debian CD label .eps files [1] to match
up with the labels on the sheet. Accordingly I've now burnt, labelled
and boxed (finally, an excuse to use those impulse-purchase double jewel
cases =) two sets of woody CDs, with a very professional feel, all
tested and working etc. These are the official ISOs too, downloaded with
jigdo and md5sums matched with the file signed by Phil Hands (nice bloke
=).

So... if you've been awaiting the ideal moment to give Debian a try, but
didn't fancy 2 year old software (or your hardware was unsupported - we
have kernel 2.4 as an option now =), now's the time to push the boat out
and give it a go. I am available on IRC (irc.openprojects.net #swlug)
for installation assistance if you want, and can burn full sets of the 7
binary CDs for people for ten pounds (to cover the media, cases, labels,
ink & time). If anyone else is interested, let me know and I can have
them ready for Wednesday's meet (or the following Cardiff meet if you
can't make that one).
</plug>

Regards,
Rob