[SWLUG] KDE slowing down problem?

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 27 17:19:44 UTC 2002

Anyone any ideas why my KDE desktop is slowing to a crawl on occasions?

There is plenty of room on the hard disk but on occasions it slows right down
with a lot of disk accesses.

I do have a lot of emails inside Kmail but it seems more associated with
Konqueror. Another sysmtom is terminal windows taking an age to open.
It is is not constant an may be more prevalent after the machine has been
left on and unattended for a while.

Any ideas?

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog