[SWLUG] Multiple dependencies in RPMs

hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Mar 19 13:49:47 UTC 2002

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 01:25:18PM +0000 or thereabouts, linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk wrote:
> I am just installing a new version of PHP on a box because of security alerts.
> i am finding a lot of dependecies when I am installing the RPM.
> Is there a way of getting RPM to find all the bits automatically? I recall someone saying something about this during one of out pub meetings.

(a) If you have three or four new packages to install which depend on
each other and you can't be bothered to figure out the order, then
"rpm --upgrade foo.rpm poo.rpm coo.rpm" on one command line may work.
(I often dump them into one directory, cd into it, and use *  :))

(b) For stuff from RH:

         http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/
         APT-RPM Red Hat repository

Yes, apt for rpm-based distros. Started by Conectiva, borrowed
for several other distros.

Telsa

PS: when hitting 'reply' I found the mail wouldn't send: why is
there a dot at the end of the "To: discuss at swlug.org.uk." appearing?
I believe I have sent it to that without the trailing dot, but if
there is one in my mail after all, it was not my doing!