[SWLUG] Know a good newsreader?

hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Mar 25 13:27:47 UTC 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 11:47:16AM +0000 or thereabouts, Neil Jones wrote:
> I am taking the plunge and abandoning my old DOS based system for
> one based on Linux.
>
> I am looking for a good usenet newsreader program.  Can anyone recommend one
> I have RH 7.1 Is there one already on my system?

Popular choices are slrn (text-based) and Pan (graphical: needs Gnome
installed). You may well have at least one of those on the box already.
I know I'm always saying 'no' to a pile of newsreaders when I install
RH :)

Another program I remember is 'trn' (threaded read-news). I am sure
there will be a KDE newsreader. I don't know what it would be called
though. Probably it begins with a k :)

Telsa