[SWLUG] Broadband ISPs

Nick Condon nickco3 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 8 11:37:00 UTC 2002

Hi all,
I'm looking to swap my 56k dialup for ADSL. Who out
there can recommend a provider?

I'm not in an NTL area so I'm pretty much stuck with
BT wires and exchanges, what I'm looking for is
recommendations/horror stories/gotchas about using
Linux with ADSL service providers in South Wales.

Looking at www.adslguide.co.uk there seem to be an
awful lot of resellers, so my lazy side is pushing me
towards a name that I know (say, Demon or Freeserve).
The prices are better with the likes of Zen or
Nildram, but I'm wondering what their service is like?

Anyway, all advice, large or small, gratefully
received...
--
Nick