[SWLUG] Last-Minute Meeting Reminder

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue May 14 10:24:53 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 12:13 am, hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk wrote:
> On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 10:59:22PM +0100 or thereabouts, Robert McQueen
wrote:
> > As announced a week or so ago, the next meeting is at The Prince of
> > Wales on the corner of Wood Street and St Mary's Street in Cardiff
> > tomorrow (Monday 13th May), starting from 7pm. Hope to see (at least
> > some of) you there.
>
> I have a new refinement for the meeting algorithm: if Swansea are
> playing Cardiff at football, only expect car-users.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/low/english/uk/wales/newsid_1985000/1985802.html

That one didn't work for me.

This one did.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/wales/newsid_1986000/1986082.stm

> Guess who we shared the train ride home with?

To emphasise the point we had both sets of hooligans on the one train
and a load of police. The rival "fans" were segregated from each other but
unfortunately not from us. I think one policeman summed it up for me  by
shouting at the hooligans.  "Oi behave yourselves! There are normal people on
the train!"

> Btw, past experience suggests rugby is quite alright. Also, rugby
> fans know more songs; and songs which are not "Who's a terrorist,
> who's a terrorist, who's a terrorist, who's a terrorist" (that's
> the entire lyric, as far as I can tell)...

Singing?  Now that _was_ pure terror. Having an ear for music not only was it
deafening but since each one of them was off key, in a different key, the
cacophonous assault on the eardrums was utter torture.

This was definitely one of life's more interesting experiences. Interesting
like the Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times.":-). It is not an
experience I would care to repeat in a hurry.

> Telsa

Definitely one for the diary Telsa

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/