[SWLUG] New member saying hello

STEPHEN CONSTANTINOU stephanos at writeme.com
Fri May 24 12:22:16 UTC 2002

Good Afternnon and hello

I thought I would e-mail you in advance of the get together in The Goose on Tuesday, just to introduce myself.

I have been a DOS/Windows user for seven years.  Over the last few years I have tried Linux (SuSE 6.2, 7.2) each time going back to Windows because hardware, printer and scanner were not supported.

I am hoping with SuSE 8 and SANE (still don't know what a front end or back end is) these issues will be resolved.  I am very likely to install win4lin as a way of maintaining use of Windows applications that are not yet in Linux.

I have just finished one accademic year of teaching City & Guilds Level 1 Computers and Computing at Swansea College (part time).

I am near the end of a C programming qualification and starting a Unix course, both distance learning.

My background was streetework with people sleeping rough, housing advice, resettlement into permanent housing and life skills training.  When I came to Swansea these options were few so I decided to change career again.  I also used to be a cabinet maker.

I have been using other LUG's including West Wales and I am very happy to discover this one so close.

By the way, where is The Goose

Stephen Constantinou (Swansea)