[SWLUG] Intro

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue Nov 12 15:47:15 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 15:33, Carter N. wrote:
> Started on a TRS-80 in 1981, got sidetracked into communications engineering
> for years, then started this job. Started on Unix with the Pyramid mainframe
> in 1992, and liked its command-line power. Recently finished my MSc project
> using QNX (real-time Unix) to time user interactions with a GUI.
Ah, the Pyramid, i remeber using that when i first arrived on campus in
1990.

Ive never really left the place since, sigh.

> My claim to Linux fame is sitting on the same bus as Alan on our way
> to the Uni, and wondering if this was the guy I had heard about!

Turn up to the meeting and you may well meet him again :)

If your ever desperate to get rid of old computers, the computer society
always welcomes donations. Although most really ancient stuff gets sold
off to fund buying more modern replacements of the 10 year old sun work
stations. :)

--
Justin Mitchell
Caederus Ltd., Linux Internet Consulting