[SWLUG] For further information, call An Error Occured

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 18 12:33:52 UTC 2002

On Monday 18 November 2002 10:25 am, Huw Pritchard wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 10:14, Chris M. Jackson wrote:
> > While doing random things last night, quite randomly I stumbled upon
> > that lovely sign which lights up on Queen Street.  Showing on the
> > screen was about one-quarter of everyone's second-favourite Windows
> > error message (besides the all-time Number One, the BSOD).  I guess
> > someone was trying to do something Monumentally Stupid(tm) with the
> > machine at the time ...
>
> <delurk>
>
> There's a cashpoint near here (actually, it's the single most convenient
> cashpoint for me to use, worse luck) which seems to have the "Windows
> cannot find a DHCP server" message on the screen constantly.
>
> </delurk>

Cashpoints are infamous for  this. Years ago there were a whole load that
displayed "Keyboard not connected Press F1 to continue" messages if they were
not set up correctly.

As to Windose error messages NTHELL keeps getting them on the TV channels.

The Queen Street one is quite famous for showing error messages.

Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog
National Nature Reserve