[SWLUG] cheap NICs for suse 7.3 / suse 6.4 ?

Philip Downer philip.downer at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 30 17:34:58 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 14:13, Gareth Lewis wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting the 'network gamers kit - from sitecom' which
>has a cross over cable and two realtek 8139C chip NICs.
> any advice ?    Do I have any chance of sucess with these cheap-o NICs ?

I'm not certain how easy Suse's setup program will be to configure these
cards, but Realtek cards are quite well supported in the kernel and
should work fine.

A quick look through at my kernel shows support for RTL8139 and that
when compiled as a module the module is called RTL8139too.

Hope that helps.

Phil