[SWLUG] re: Discuss digest, Vol 1 #224 - 4 msgs

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 15:12:17 UTC 2003

Better venues. Hmm. I'd suggest a different approach if we need a better
venu. Do we absolutely have to use stinky places like pubs? I'd suggest (if
it must be 7pm and not earlier) that we use the 24 hour cafe by the railway
station or perhaps Costa (but earlier in the day). Ideally, I'd say a
Saturday afternoon meeting would be best. The idea of meeting in the
university is very appealing. The Junior Common Room bar has a quiet side.

I'd say that places to avoid at night are: Oystermouth Road, Wind Street,
High-Street, The Kingsway, the Uplands and the area around the bus and
railway station.

My difficulty is late-night transport between my pad and Swansea. I rely
solely upon busses - which aren't frequent or dependable in the evenings.

Regarding walking between the university and the railway station: there's a
bus that shuttles between the two, I understand. Try looking up the bus
schedules. It's First Cymru.
Yours,

Rhys