[SWLUG] re: Discuss digest, Vol 1 #224 - 4 msgs

Chris M. Jackson C.M.Jackson at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Apr 2 15:06:38 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, [iso-8859-1] Rhys Sage wrote:

> But the bus takes the same time as the train between Cardiff and Swansea and costs less.
> www.gobycoach.com might have the bus times. The busses from the Quadrant to the Uni are approximately every 5 minutes during the day and every 15 minutes at night plus there's the Union "Women's" minibus that seems to take just about everybody.
Coach:
Depart 5:15 to arrive 6:30
Last bus back: 4:00 (>1 hour before leaving Cardiff)
Cost: 6.25

Train:
Depart 5:40 to arrive 6:55
(station within spitting distance of the CS department here)
Last train back: 10:30
Cost: 5.90

Fair enough, I am lucky enough to be able to see the Cardiff venue from
the window in the PC labs here :)

Being a student, I do appreciate all the trouble pepople have with public
transport.  Not only do I find myself having to walk the almost 3 miles to
my room if in the Department until 3am, while back in Swansea I found
myself sometimes starting work at 6am, and sometimes working until 1am
(though never both at the same time)

[Ironically, I've found the main lines in Swansea run later (12:30) than
in Cardiff (11:30).]

Since some people in the group have been dealing with hopping back and
forth for a couple of years, arguing over who gets where and how gets us
about as far as friendly fire.