[SWLUG] Linux Awareness Day - Saturday 17th May

Gareth Bowker bowkerg at teccon.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 08:21:21 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 22:19, Philip Downer wrote:

> Does anyone here have any particular project/program that they'd be keen
> on demonstrating?

GNOME-cy :)

> I recieved quite a few offers when I first mentioned this event from
> people who could bring along their PCs/Laptops for demos etc. I think in
> total including my own systems we had about 7. If anyone can bring along
> a system either to do a (re)install or to demo then could you let me
> know? It would also be quite nice to see some non x86 hardware if anyone
> has any that they could bring along?

I can hopefully bring my iBook along. However, this does rely on it
working - my hard disk gave up the ghost just over a week ago and I need
to rip it to pieces in order to fit the new disk.

I could also bring my desktop machine if needed (Athlon 750) which
incidentally does TV out - maybe I could try and get Freevo fully set
up?

> The current plans are to have a cd burner on site so that we could make
> copies of Mandrake/Red Hat/Debian/? for people to buy at the cost of the
> media. There was also talk of having a Debian mirror on the network so
> that we could do installs relatively quickly, or even just to let people
> dist-upgrade.

I have a full Woody mirror.

> I plan to bring along a webcam so that we could do coverage of the event
> over the net, but if anyone else wants to do the same then feel free.

What sort of internet connection will we have?

Thanks for organising this, Phil.

Gareth
--
| Gareth Bowker           | <bowkerg at teccon.co.uk> |