[SWLUG] Linux Awareness Day - Saturday 17th May

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Tue Apr 8 23:14:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 09:21, Gareth Bowker wrote:
> > Does anyone here have any particular project/program that they'd be keen
> > on demonstrating?
> GNOME-cy :)

Yay, I thought this would appear :)

> > It would also be quite nice to see some non x86 hardware if anyone
> > has any that they could bring along?
> I can hopefully bring my iBook along. However, this does rely on it
> working - my hard disk gave up the ghost just over a week ago and I need
> to rip it to pieces in order to fit the new disk.

Ok, that would be quite good if you could bring that, if it's working :)

> I could also bring my desktop machine if needed (Athlon 750) which
> incidentally does TV out - maybe I could try and get Freevo fully set
> up?

I've never seen freevo so that would be interesting, I'm guessing that
we would need to locate a TV as well in that case.

> I have a full Woody mirror.

ok, that'd be great if you could bring that along although I did have an
offer of a woody mirror when I first announced this event, although I
guess whoever finds it easiest to bring their equipment should supply it
I'll try and compile a list of exactly what we have available to us,

> What sort of internet connection will we have?

All I know is that it's a direct connection to the outside world instead
of being monitored/stuck behind the councils firewall. Richard may be
able to fill in the blanks here as he organised the room.

Phil.