[SWLUG] the camera SD card question

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Tue Apr 22 18:04:26 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 13:41, Dick Bain wrote:
> still trying to get to read my SD expansion card using Mandrake 9.1,
> below is what USBView sees when I have the card reader plugged in:

I've never bothered with USB card readers as both of my cameras have
always worked however I have found this site:

http://www.deepwater.uklinux.net/Computing/usb-storage.html

It looks far too in-depth at first glance what with the first section
talking about kernel compilation but assuming that Mandrake allready has
that sorted for you scroll down to the section titled Getting stated, it
explains how to check that your card reader is present and how to mount
it as vfat (msdos).

Hopefully that will help, by the way did you manage to sort your laptop
out after it failed at the last meeting?

Phil.