[SWLUG] hairy

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 19:03:42 UTC 2003

>Ummm... I don't want to split hairs, but Persius is spelled Perseus.
>:-)

Well, it looks like we're both wrong. Perseus is a constallation. Persius
was a Roman satirist.
The full list of Greek Gods appears to be:
Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis: Athene, Demeter, Dionysos, Hades,
Hephaistos, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Persephone, Poseidon, Zeus.

But... in the best spirit of British innovation: Persius is correct because
that's how I've spelt it!

Literature written in the Latin language.
Silver Age (AD 18–c. 130) The second major period of imperial literature
begins with the writers of Nero’s reign: the Stoic philosopher Seneca;
Lucan, author of the epic Pharsalia; the satirist Persius; and the novelist
Petronius. Around the end of the 1st century and at the beginning of the 2nd
came the historian and annalist Tacitus and the satirical poet Juvenal;
other writers of this period were the epigrammatist Martial, the scientific
encyclopedist Pliny the Elder, the letter-writer Pliny the Younger, the
critic Quintilian, the historian Suetonius, and the epic poet Statius.

Algol or Beta Persei
eclipsing binary, a pair of orbiting stars in the constellation Perseus, one
of which eclipses the other every 69 hours, causing its brightness to drop
by two-thirds.