[SWLUG] Linux audio.

philicorda philicorda at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 9 01:20:55 UTC 2003

> Take a look at sweep http://www.metadecks.org/software/sweep/
>
> I've never used it, but I saw a really cool demo of it at the ukuug
> conference lase week. The author did an amazing live demo during his
> talk and it looked really easy to use as well as being very powerful.

I've got sweep on my machine at the moment.
It is a really cool app. The cueing and editing with 'scrubby' and the
non-modal interface are sorted.  More apps like this please!
It lacks real time preview of LADSPA plugins, which is kinda annoying, but for
editing audio files, there is nothing else on Linux to touch it. IMHO :)

I want to get more people into using Linux and the free audio apps, cos most
people I know use warzed versions of Windows ones, and run into problems that
I don't get when using legit Linux apps that do the same job.
For instance, problems with the broken CD writing stuff with writing proper
red-book CDs in windows. The Linux apps (even the humble cdrecord) stick to
the standards, so you dont get CDs rejected by manufacturers when they try to
create the glass masters.  Can be done in windows, just as well, but it's
££££, or dodgy software.

Simple solution for me, use Linux. Not so simple to convince others!

--
_o)