[SWLUG] non ascii characters etc. -DOH !

Gareth Lewis Gareth.Lewis at patent.gov.uk
Tue Aug 12 10:44:11 UTC 2003

Aha !
actually reading my mail, Mr John has supplied tha answer - it seems I have the basic extended ascii set as the link below shows.  doh.

However I seem to lack the 'extra welsh vowels' y & w.

ho hum,  it's better than nowt I guess.

Gareth.

>>> Terry John <terry.john at bbc.co.uk> 12 August 2003 09:45:38 >>>
>do people get this character as an o with a hat  ôôôôôôôô  ?
>does anyone know if i can do an alt numeric-keypad thingy for these
characters ?

Try http://www.asciitable.com but you'll probably find there's no 'y'

There are a number of companies doing welsh fonts they may be interested in
Linux queries

Have a look at http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/accents.html

Terry

SWLUG Discussion List - Discuss at swlug.org.uk