[SWLUG] XDMCP & Mozilla

Bryn Reeves hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 15:38:18 UTC 2003

Hi all,
There's probably an easy answer to this but I've not been able to find it..

I have two desktop machines at work, one running Linux, hte other WinXP.
Because of the way they're laid out, I tend to spend most of my time on the
XP machine, using Cygwin/XFree86 to log into the redhat machine with XDMCP.

My problem is this: If an instance of mozilla is running on one display
(either the console or Cygwin), and I try to open a browser window on the
other, mozilla complains that the profile is in use and brings up the
create profile dialog.

I'd rather not have separate profiles for the two 'views' of my machine -
anyone know how I can achieve this?

Cheers

Bryn