[SWLUG] Starting aumix and grip togeteher (Mandrake 8.2)

STEPHEN CONSTANTINOU stephanos at writeme.com
Mon Feb 3 13:33:04 UTC 2003

Dear All

Good afternoon

I hope the last meeting in Swansea went well.  When I have finnished my
exams in a few months I hope to attend more often.

Meanwhile, I am still not very good at installing and uninstalling
applications and packages, however I am focusing on KDE at the moment.

So far I have written some shells to start F-Prot antivirus tool to scan
hard driver, floppy etc and can call them from KDE.

Now I want to start aumix (sound control) and grip (cd player) at the
same time.

Currently they each have an entry in Menu Editor.
grip is "/usr/bin/grip"
aumix is "aumix"

As a user, not root, I tried both these commands in a shell and they
both work.  So I wrote a shell script and placed these commands in it.
See below:

#!/bin/sh
#
# $HOME/cdplay.sh
aumix
/usr/bin/grip
# end of script

I made it executable.  In Menu Drake I made a new entry.  To call
this shell script I typed "$HOME/cdplay.sh".