[SWLUG] Cardiff meeting reminder - Tuesday 7th January

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 00:58:44 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 09:26:23PM +0000 or thereabouts, noel jhnson wrote:
> hi
> i am new to this list i was an amiga user.

So were a few of us :)

> but now i am geting into the linux stuff you lot
> are into . so am geting a  pc box runing redhat
> maybe .
>
> is it ok if i come to your meeting
We tend to say everyone is welcome at meetings.
Whether we'd still say that if we had a party of
ice-skaters or karaoke fans who insist on discussing
the commonwealth games and olympic prospects or
monopolising a karaoke machine, I'm not sure.

But until that or something akin happens, everyone's
welcome. There is no membership fee and there is
currently no whip-round for room hire (because we
don't hire a room).

>  and can i buy linux cd from someone ?
> also need a s7 mb and an at tower.

Linux CDs... surely. You may now get everyone with
a CD burning offering to bring their favourite distro
at cost price. Do you have a PC in mind, or do you
have one already?

If you have, then it is useful to tell us the hardware
specs. There is no point in burning a CD of a distro
which is known not to support that hardware out of the
box. If you haven't yet taken the plunge and bought the
thing, it might be worth saying what you're looking at
to see whether we have any tales of success or woe
with that hardware and specific distros.

Telsa