[SWLUG] how to access camera

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Wed Jan 15 10:29:53 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 09:47, Dick Bain wrote:
> Just bought a digital camera (Jenoptik 1.3 LCD) and Mandrake recognises
> it as a usb storage device but I can't access it at all.

Have you tried using gphoto to access it ?
It lists support for several Jenoptik cameras, but you didnt give a
model number.

http://gphoto.sourceforge.net/proj/libgphoto2/support.php

As far as the parition table goes, it may not have one. it could just be
a 'whole disk' style device.
As it is possible to use a whole disk as if it were a single partition
and forgoe any kind of partition table, by justing mounting/formatting
the sda device itself.