[SWLUG] Mandrake 9.0 queries

Gareth Lewis Gareth.Lewis at patent.gov.uk
Mon Jan 20 13:00:25 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Some quick queries about my now (mostly) working mandrake 9 install.

does anyone have a working setup for lm_sensors ?   the /etc/sensors.conf file seems to want to source another file that I don't have and I'm stuck as to where to put the  correct modprobe commands !

Also the /etc/modules.conf  doesn't look like anything i'm used to seeing - has it changed due to red hat rejigging things or because the kernal has changed ?

anyone tell me how to get the matrix screen saver to work in kde for mandrake ? they seem to be worried about copyright etc. so have removed it. and don't seem to have xscreensaver working either in kde.

also,  which is the safest & easiest way to tweak X under mandrake - they seem to have not botherered with making a 'configureX-drake' program. anyone care to suggest the best 4.? setup tool ?

cheers all.

Gareth

PS Marcus - I'll drop the discs around probably friday or next monday.