[SWLUG] I thought I would introduce myself . . .

Richard Smith richard at gotworms.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 22:50:01 UTC 2003

> Hi, I'm Jono, I'm 22 and I live in Llanelli.

Hi, :)

> I am a student at Swansea University studying for their MEng in Computing.
> am in my second year! We are currently having exams, and my last one is
> tomorrow (Woo hoo!).

Cool... Everything going well I hope?

> My current Linux box runs Linux from Scratch, based on version 4 of that
book,
> however, I do intend to switch to either Gentoo or Debian (using
apt-build)
> in the next couple of days (does anyone have any opinions as to which is
> better?).

I've no expirence of Gentoo, however, Debian is worth a shot, based purely
on apt... although I hate the fact that they take forever to release new
stuff, they have plenty of reasons to do it that way... The file system is
structured, and everything has it's place unlike some other distro's (naming
no red head garment type names)... I dunno... I'm just biased...

> Things outside computing that interest me are many and varied. I am
heavily
> involved with the United Reformed Church (www.urc.org.uk) at most levels.
> help out with Llanelli Youth Theatre occasionally. I read fantasy and SF
> fiction (Star Wars, Dragonlance, Dune, Terry Goodkind, Terry Pratchett,
etc).
> As for TV, I watch alot - Buffy, Angel, Scrubs, ER, West Wing, Stargate
SG-1,
> Jeremiah, Casualty, Robot Wars, CSI, Law and Order, Six Feet Under.

Buffy... Angel... Scrubs... SG-1... YAY!!

> Ok then, thats me, I hope to see all/some of you tomorrow.

Hopefully... :)

--
 ~ Rich