[SWLUG] Re: Re: Colbalt qube 2

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 22 20:36:28 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 22 Jul 2003 3:46 pm, Euan MacGregor wrote:

> Power cycling the cable modem Works For Me(TM).

Indeed, power cycling the modem works for everyone. The techies at ntl have
never been able to add extra MACs onto a modem (no access to the DHCP server)
as far as I know - I used to work there and know fair few of the techs who
have been there since day 1.

If memory serves:

For a while it was restricted to 1 MAC per modem, cached for 8 hours. It went
up to 2 per customer cached for 4 hours, with a power cycle required between.
Now the official policy is 3 MACs per customer cached for 4 hours, though I
suspect a lot of uBRs won't be enforcing this rule at all. The power cycle is
essential though.

Foeh.