[SWLUG] Samba - Mandrake 9.1

STEPHEN CONSTANTINOU stephanos at writeme.com
Wed Jul 23 00:44:56 UTC 2003

Dear All

I have read lots of docs, done many searches.

I finaly managed to get Windows 98SE too see SMOOTHWALL, an
entry in Network neighb.. that represents Mandrake.  I used
the sever config tool "Samba Wizard" to set it up.

When I clicked on SMOOTHWALL I was asked for a password.  At
no time have I been asked to enter a password for this
resource and I was sure I did not enter one when I went through
the Samba Wizard.

I have tried "smbpasswd" but cannot change it without knowing
what it was.  And since I never set one I am hoping someone
out there can help.  I did try the root and only user pasword,
but they are not correct.

So is there a default password that it starts with which I
cannot find any mention of in the docs ?

Hope to hear

Stephen (Swansea, Wales, UK)
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers